Wednesday, 1 January 2014

Happy new year everyone!!! Its 2014 and I feel great

Two years ago I started this blog as I was unhappy with my fitness and weight, what I didn't realise at the time was that I'd lost before I had even started.

What I really wanted was peace from within not a battle and you can't fight for peace, there is no path to peace, peace is the way.

A few month into 2012 the inevitable happened, I went back to eating whatever I wanted and the juicer went back in the cupboard.
I've never really been into eating what the industry call "bad food" (processed) most is cooked/baked by myself but I didn't understand the macronutrients within my food to feed my body correctly. I was taking on far to many carbs and fats daily and not enough protein, on top of this I was doing zero exercise so felt like crap. lol

So 2012 passed me by, the world didn't end (would have been convenient) aliens didn't invade, all the conspiracies were wrong and I moved up to 17 stone (108kg). 2013 hit me hard when the good news came that me wife was expecting again, I was gonna be a dad again and need to sort my shit out.

I thought back to when I first met my wife, I was 20 and training 6 days a week sometime twice a day, I was 13 stone and fit. I had found Muay Thai a few years before and it became my life, I gave up smoking and drinking and loved to train.
Life has a way of changing what you love and a few year later we started a family, with work and family life I had no time for training. With no training I slowly piled on the pounds.

Muay Thai, in May 2013 I searched online for a local gym/camp as my old place was 40 miles away but didn't find any that were for me, then I bumped into an old friend who recommend Evolve.
Life has a way kicking you in the right direction so I went with the flow.

I'm not gonna go into detail on Evolve as I plan to blog tomorrow about my time there but what I will say is it helped me find my path to peace.
Along with many things I was introduced to a food management system based on counting your macros (Fats, Carbs, Proteins, Fibre.) it's commonly know as IIFYM. I used an app to help me monitor my macros called myfitnesspal.

On the 10th of June 2013 I signed up to Evolve weighing in at 106kg, on 24th Dec 2013 I weighed in at 85kg

Bring on 2014!!!!!






2 comments:

  1. Pretty good Luke, you should post a before and after photograph on your Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. About time for another blog...!!

    ReplyDelete